Tony Monk, CEO Tony Monk Films and Heletranz NZ
Tony commenced a filming career involvement of 30 years as a helicopter pilot. Tony’s flying skills together with a rare ability to anticipate the film director made him the first choice for all major New Zealand based and inbound aerial filming assignments.
His aerial filming credits include:
- Lord of the Rings 1, 2 & 3
- Yogi Bear (2010)
- Without a paddle
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – Chronicles of Narnia
- Prince Caspian – Chronicles of Narnia
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader – Chronicles of Narnia
- King Kong
- The Piano
A full list of Tony’s aerial filming credits with over 1,500 projects is available on request.
Tony together with his partner and co-director, Julie owns and operates Heletranz ltd, Auckland’s leading helicopter company as well as offshoot, Tony Monk Films.
Tony Monk Films was created as an independent company to encompass all helicopter filming activity both in New Zealand and offshore.
Blair Monk – Aerial Cinematographer/DOP
Blair manages the local and international day to day filming operations as well as specializing in aerial cinematography with over a thousand hours of Cineflex experience under his belt.
Blair for the last few years has been working both here and overseas on a range of projects, recent credits including:
- The Italian Job (Bollywood) 2011
- Yogi Bear (2010)
- Chronicles of Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2009)
- IMG/Global Television – “Pope and World Youth Day 2008″
- Biggest Looser USA 2011
- The Apprentice (Australia)
- BBC – “Great Barrier Reef” 2011
- BBC – “How Earth Made Us” 2009
- BBC – “South Pacific” 2008
- Discovery Channel
- Budweiser TVC
- BNZ TVC
- Lexus TVC
- Kia Commercial
- Toyota TVC
- Fox Network “Woman Rule the World”
- The Devil Dared Me – Film
- Rain of the Children – Film
- Rogue – Film
- Nine Network – “Getaway”
- National Bank TVC
- Castrol Oil TVC
- BBC “Around the World in 80 Gardens”
- Channel 7 Australia
- Granada “I’m a Celebrity, Get me out of here”
- Make me a Supermodel – 2008 Australia
- Granada “Celebrity Love Island”
- Sky NZ – Live aerials of Rugby 2005-2008
- Live – Rally of NZ Aerials 2005-2007
- Panasonic – HD Showreel
- The Feelers – Music Video
- The Gift – TV Series, Australia
- Hyundai TVC
- The Amazing Race – 2009
- Rescue – TV Series Australia
Murray Milne, Cinematographer
Murray Milne is an experienced DP working from New Zealand for over 20 years, shooting film and video for features, commercials, TV series and documentaries for NZ and many overseas productions. He has combined a love of adventure sports with camera skills while skiing, skydiving, scuba diving and flying. A commercial helicopter pilots licence adds to his skill repertoire during helicopter aerials.
Murray has been shooting 35mm underwater for commercials around NZ, including under the ice; for the TV series “Xena” and “Hercules” during their 5 years production in New Zealand; and video for TV series around the South Pacific Islands.
As a helicopter gyro camera operator for Tony Monk Films, Murray has experience with both Cinegyro HD and Cineflex camera systems on local and international filming assignments such as the two country Toyota IMV TVC shoot for Dentsu Japan.